Pulut Sri Muka @ Pulut sri Kaya @ Puteri Salat
Well, after my first try, i concluded, this Pulut Sri Kaya is easy to be prepared. So.. don't forget to try ...
White layer ( lapisan bawah):-
- 250gm glutinous rice (beras pulut)
- 220ml light coconut milk(Santan cair)
- 1/2 st Slat (garam)
- 1 sm Cooking oil (minyak)
- 60gm Wheat flour ( tepung gandum)
- 1 1/2 tbps Corn Flour ( tepung jagung)
- 70gm Sugar (gula)
- 1 1/2 or 2 eggs ( telur)
- 225ml coconut milk ( santan pekat)
- Salt to taste (garam secukup rasa)
- 150ml air + 5 pandan leeves (blend the pandan leeves with water and take the pandan leeves water ) or use pandan paste as option
Steps to prepare the white layer
Cook the glutinous rice with coconut milk and salt (salt to taste)
Stir occasionally until the glutinous rice cooked properly & the coconut milk dried up.
Optional : Under-layer the tray with wrapping plastic
You may add in all the glutinous rice on the tray.
Press the glutinous rice
There is another way to prepare the white layer . You may cook the white layer by steaming. Add the glutinous rice + coconut milk + cooking oil and the salt on the tray. Steam it for 30 minute . Then take out the tray and press the glutinous rice. Continue with the green layer.
Method to prepare the green layer :
Add eggs and sugar in a bowl. Stir for a while until the sugar and eggs well mixed.
Then , add in coconut milk + salt + pandan water/pandan paste water.
Finally, add in corn flour and wheat Flour. Stir till well mixed.
Now, add the green layer's ingredients on the tray to make the top layer.
Put the tray on the steamer and steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
To avoid the water drop effect on the surface, use aluminum foil to cover the tray.
When it totally cool off, take it out from the tray
Cut into slices and it is ready to be served.