Curry Puff with Hot Tea
It's raining season now . Since its cold, we can easily feel hungry . I noticed how i cooked a lot than before and will make sure that there will be something to be eat on the dining table. This afternoon, i prepared Curry Puff ( my favorite ;)) ) but forgot to snap the steps to prepare that curry puff.... ;)) Can't wait to eat that Puff with hot tea ;))
- 250g Wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Water, mixed with salt (Salt to taste)
- Potatoes (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- Prawn / Meat / Chicken
- 1 sprig curry leaf (optional)
- 1 big onions (cubed)
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions & celery
- Chili (sliced)
- 1 shallot (sliced)
- 1 garlic (sliced)
- 3 tbsp oil.
Well, the dough is easier to be prepare, so i decided to prepare the filling first.
1. Heat pan with 3 tbsp oil.
2. Fry the shallots and garlic till fragrant. Then add curry power and prawn. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add in 1 cup of water and potatoes.
4. Fry till dry, till potato become soft.
5. Finally, add sliced scallions, Onion & celery,
6. Leave to cool.
- Melt the margarine and the cooking oil in a hot pan.
- Add flour in a mixing bowl and then add in the melted margarine & oil. Stir till the flour and the melted margarine well mixed .
- Then, add water gradually and press into a ball. Knead the dough by pushing away, using the heel of your hand until smooth.
On a lightly floured work surface roll out the dough thinly. Cut into circles
Fold pastry over to make a half circle and crimp at edges.
Ready to be fried .
Deep fry in hot oil until golden.
Ready to be served .